Keep reading for a delicious Dairy Free Hot Chocolate bomb recipe!
Have you seen these super fun Hot Cocoa Bombs going around right now! They are SO NEAT! You just drop the bomb into hot milk or water & it explodes with chocolat-ey, marshmallow-ey goodness! I have wanted to try to make these dairy free ever since I first saw them.
People with milk allergies want the good stuff too, right?
If you want to try these for yourself check out this recipe for Dairy Free Hot Cocoa Bombs! First you will need chocolate chips, cocoa powder, sugar, and mini marshmallows.
Plus, you’ll need some kind of a mold like the one linked below:
Once you have gathered all your ingredients you can get started by melting the chocolate chips in the microwave in a microwave safe bowl.
Next, you will want to start spreading the melted chocolate into your molds.
Let them freeze for about 5 minutes then remove them from the molds.
Now it’s time to fill half of the molds with your cocoa, sugar, & marshmallows. Then, warm the edges of each semicircle using a warm plate (see details below). Immediately press the sides together, then place in the freezer to seal them up.
To use the hot cocoa bombs, place them in a mug and pour 2 cups hot milk over the top. Stir until the hot cocoa bombs are completely melted and enjoy!
Keep scrolling for a pretty printable version of the recipe! Just click “Print Recipe” to get it!
Dairy Free Hot Chocolate Bombs
- 2 Cups Dairy Free Chocolate Chips I used Enjoy Life
- 1 Cup Cocoa Powder
- 1 Cup Granulated Sugar
- 2 Cups Mini Marshmallows
- Place chocolate chips in a microwave safe bowl and melt in the microwave per the directions on the package.
- Place 1 tbsp melted chocolate chips into one half of a bomb mold and, using the bottom of your tablespoon measuring spoon, press the chocolate up the sides of the mold, keeping it thick but even. Repeat with 12 bomb mold halves.
- Place the chocolate filled bomb molds into the freezer for 5 minutes.
- Remove molds from the freezer and gently tap the sides of the mold, pressing on one side of the chocolate to make the chocolate slid out of the mold.
- Fill 6 of the molds with 1 tbsp cocoa powder, 1 tbsp sugar, and 8-10 mini marshmallows.
- Heat a plate or a flat-bottom bowl in the microwave until the surface of the plate is warm to the touch.
- Press one of the empty chocolate bomb halves open-side-down onto the flat portion of the warm plate for about 10 seconds. This will gently melt the rim of the chocolate cup.
- Immediately press this warmed edge chocolate cup to the top of one of the filled cups. This will join the two halves of the hot cocoa bomb. If desired, add more of the chocolate melts to help shore-up that joint.
- Place the hot cocoa bombs into the freezer for 5 minutes to get them to set, then remove and store in an airtight container until you’re ready to use.
- To use the hot cocoa bombs, place them in a mug and pour 2 cups hot dairy free milk over the top. Stir until the hot cocoa bombs are completely melted and enjoy!