Looking for the perfect allergen friendly cranberry sauce recipe? Well you have found the best one out there! I love eating cranberry sauce around Thanksgiving and definitely on Thanksgiving Day. It just gives you that warm fuzzy feeling that comes with spending time and eating good food with your family during the holidays. If you have been looking for a cranberry sauce and just haven’t found the perfect one yet, you will love this one!
- Bag of Fresh Cranberries (12 ounces)
- ½ cup brown sugar
- ½ cup granulated white sugar
- ½ cup orange juice (prepared or fresh squeezed)
- ½ cup water
- 1 teaspoon allspice
- Orange Zest
- Rinse off the cranberries in a colander and throw out any bad ones.
- Use a medium size saucepan and pour in the orange juice, water, brown sugar, and white sugar.
- Stir with a whisk or wooden spoon until the cranberries have split open and the sauce only has a few small lumps. This takes around 15-20 minutes. Stir frequently so they don’t burn to the pan.
- Sprinkle in the orange zest to taste. Add in the allspice and stir.
- Let the sauce cool for 30 minutes – 1 hour. Serve on warm bread, turkey, or crackers.
- The cranberries will spray as the pop from the heat. This is completely normal.
- You can swap the allspice for cinnamon or nutmeg if you want.
- The orange zest is optional, but gives it a tasty zesty flavor.
- It’s fine to add more sugar depending on preferences to make it sweeter.