There are so many casserole recipes and other dishes that I would love to make for my kiddos, but unfortunately they call for canned cream of chicken soup. Not only are the canned condensed cream of soups high in sodium but they also contain dairy. In fact I have yet to find a canned one that does not contain dairy. But..there is good news. You can make it at home yourself without dairy PLUS it’s much healthier.
- 2 Cups Chicken Broth
- 2 Cups Alternative Milk (I used Coconut Milk)
- 1/2 Tsp. Salt
- 1/2 Tsp. Pepper
- 1 Cup Flour
- Bring to a boil first 4 ingredients
- Turn heat down to medium
- Very Slowly Whisk in flour(Be sure to not let it clump up)
- Turn heat back up to med-high and bring back up to a boil. (continue whisking frequently).
- Continue to boil and whisk until it thickens.
- Let Cool and split into Freezer Bags.(2 Cups Per Bag)