Meatloaf has been one of our favorite meals for years. My meatloaf recipe has changed over the years to reflect our family’s changing needs. I always used to put eggs in the meatloaf to help it stick together. When we first found out that my boy has an egg allergy I would make him a separate one in a small dish and omit the egg.
It was ok that way, but just not delicious.
I finally decided to try and come up with a recipe that we can all enjoy. This meatloaf is so moist and so delicious. This is one of our family’s favorite comfort foods!
- 2 lbs Ground beef
- 1 Cup Oatmeal
- 1/2 Onion, Chopped
- 1/2 cup Ketchup for
- Salt & Pepper
- 1/2 cup Ketchup for topping
- Garlic Salt or Garlic Powder to taste(just a little)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Dump 1st 5 Ingredients into a baking dish
- Mix together by hand(My boys like to do this part)
- Spread remainder of Ketchup across top
- Sprinkle the Garlic Salt across top of Ketchup
- Bake at 350 for about 45 minutes
- Drain off grease